ROME ART EXPO
Autumn edition, 2023
The Autumn Edition of Rome Art Expo 2023 provides artists and exhibitors with a unique opportunity to showcase their works to an international audience of professionals, including curators, gallery owners, collectors, editors, and publishers who are actively seeking to acquire, publish, and promote the finest talents in contemporary art. This Art Expo features both collective and solo projects by established and emerging international artists. Its inaugural edition serves as a platform for direct exchanges of ideas and networking among collectors, artists, photographers, designers, and art industry experts. The art fair encompasses a diverse range of artistic expressions, including paintings, sculptures, photographic art, installations, video art, and live performances.
A vibrant platform and innovation in art world
This event offers a captivating glimpse into the world of contemporary art, where creativity finds expression through a wide spectrum of forms and mediums. Visitors will have the opportunity to immerse themselves in a realm of artistic expression and explore the unique visions of the participating artists. The Expo serves as a vibrant platform celebrating diversity and innovation in the art world, creating an engaging and stimulating experience for all attendees.
From painting to live performance
From paintings that capture the essence of human emotion to sculptures that challenge spatial perception, from narrative photographic art that tells captivating stories to thought-provoking installations, from video art that transports the audience into surreal realms to live performances that engage the senses, the Rome Art Expo 2023 offers a deep dive into contemporary creativity that is sure to inspire and captivate anyone with a passion for art. Don’t miss the chance to be part of this extraordinary celebration of contemporary art.
Rome Art Expo will take place from November 4 to 8, 2023
Location Palazzo Velli Expo Piazza di S. Egidio, 10, 00153 Roma RM
Opening on November 4 / 19,00 Wine degustation, only on invitation.
Opening hours for visitors : 10,00-13,00 / 17,00-20,00
Palazzo Velli Expo is an interdisciplinary and multifunctional exhibition space in the enchanting setting of the Trastevere district. Located in the heart of Rome, Palazzo Velli Expo is a historic Roman residence built at the end of the fourteenth century. In 1970 the restoration work, carried out in respect of materials, techniques and colors of the fifteenth century, has allowed Palazzo Velli to characterize itself as a structure full of historical and artistic elements, with at the same time all the facilities and the essential technological aspects. to define it today as a multifunctional space ideal for hosting events such as: exhibitions, conferences, exhibitions, company presentations and exclusive advertising operations.
In tune with what happens in the major European capitals, the Palace has been conceived as a cultural space full of historical and artistic suggestions. A center in continuous evolution and growth that offers visitors refined projects of young and established artists and, for customers, technological standards of excellence suitable for the realization of any type of event, including commercial. From art exhibitions to film festivals, from theater to photography, from music to the presentation of books, Palazzo Velli is today a unique reality representative of the urban reality of the center of Trastevere.
Information for exhibitors
- This project is open to all contemporary artists.
- Rome Art Expo includes the printing catalogue with all participant works and biographies of the artists.
- Dimensions of the artworks : Painting with various techniques and materials, printed photographies (long side max 120cm approx), sculptures (70x70x70cm approx 5 kg) Installation, Performance, Video Art, Computer Art.
- The artist can choose to participate in physical or multimedia section.
- Requirements for files for the multimedia exhibition: photographies, videos, nft with the resolution min. 300dpi.
- Artist is responsable for the shipping of his own artworks.
- All artworks in show must be on sale. Limit price max. 5.000€.
- Deadline for submissions : October 5, 2023
WHY ART EXPO WILL BE HELD IN ROME?
There are several reasons why ART EXPO will be held in Rome:
- Artistic Tradition: Rome has a long and illustrious artistic tradition dating back to ancient Rome and including the Renaissance era with artists like Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and Raphael. Organizing contemporary art exhibitions in a city with such a rich history in art allows for a connection between past and present artistic expressions, creating a dialogue across generations.
- Cultural Influence: Rome is one of the most culturally influential cities in the world. Contemporary art exhibitions can attract artists, critics, collectors, and art enthusiasts from around the globe, helping to disseminate artistic ideas and influences on a global scale.
- Art Institutions: The city is home to important art institutions such as the National Gallery of Modern and Contemporary Art (GNAM) and the MAXXI – National Museum of 21st Century Arts. Organizing contemporary art exhibitions in Rome provides a valuable opportunity to collaborate with these institutions and expand access to contemporary art.
- Artistic Innovation: Contemporary art often pushes boundaries and reflects the social, political, and cultural challenges and dynamics of the present. Organizing contemporary art exhibitions in Rome allows artists to explore these themes in a context rich with history and tradition, offering new perspectives and insights.
- Artistic Diversity: The contemporary art scene is characterized by a wide range of styles, mediums, and approaches. Organizing contemporary art exhibitions in Rome provides an opportunity to showcase this artistic diversity, presenting innovative and thought-provoking works to the public.
- Cultural Tourism: Rome is one of the most visited cities in the world due to its history and culture. Contemporary art exhibitions attract an international audience, visitors from every part of the world, confirming the city’s appeal as a cultural tourism destination.
Curator: Natalia Gryniuk
International art curator
Director Musa International
Editorial director, Art section in Serradifalco Editore.
Founder of the Woman’s Essence project, a project dedicated only to women artists, which aims to promote and support contemporary female artists. The project had 7 editions, and was held in foundations such as PONS ( Madrid ), JOBS (Palermo), 24B gallerie (Paris), LABO gallery (Berlin).
Curator of the multimedia exhibition Photography in the Visual Culture, at the International Center of Photography of Letizia Battaglia (Palermo).
Organized and curated various exhibitions, such as We Are Reversal at Palazzo Pisani Revedin during the 59th Venice Biennial.
Curator: Giulia Campanella
Art and literary critic, art historian, independent curator.
Graduated in Communication Sciences for Cultures and Arts.
Master’s course in Art History at the University of Palermo.
Specialized at the University of Pisa in the School of Specialization in Historical and Artistic Heritage.
Her research interests are focused on topics in applied aesthetics in Contemporary Art, art publishing and Anthropocene.
For exhibition occasions, she has collaborated as curator with the Rizzuto Gallery and the Royal Palace of Pisa,
and has also collaborated in writing texts for many contemporary art exhibition catalogs.
Currently she is an author of the magazine Art Apart of Culture.